Monday, December 1, 2008

Thing 4 online tools

Most of the time I feel like I can barely keep my head above water, especially when it comes to technology. Just recently I set my home page to i-google and set up my reader and I love it! When I say I love it I mean, wow, this is fantastic and I can use it easily and I dont have to log in somewhere and remember my password and take that extra step. When I turn on my computer it's right there waiting for me with all of the stuff that I want to look at and check on. When I was going out to look at the tools that were on the wiki it appeared that some of them would be helpful but if I was going to use one of them I would need to attach them to my i-google page to eliminate that dreaded log in thing again. I am old school and still carry around my calendar with a pencil in my purse. I want to get into the new age on keeping my calendar on line but need to find a way to keep it handy and user friendly. I've tried using my phone too but always get one or two things input before I give it up. I'll keep plugging away at this see if I can establish a routine and make it easier for myself. Google calendar on my i-google page is one possibility...but what if I'm not logged in for a day or two...then what?

2 comments:

Jeanne LaMoore said...

You don't give yourself enough credit! You are wonderful about integrating technology. I am back to using a paper calendar, too, after my Palm had trouble holding a charge.

Karen said...

I'm glad that you are loving igoogle! I think that I underestimate how much people will like it because I tend to like things more compartmentalized -- I actually LIKE logging into different things ... to me they are like file folders. So, it is good to read how much people like igoogle -- I think we'll need to focus on it more next year.