Sunday, March 22, 2009

Web pages

Sometimes technology can be so frustrating!! Last year I created a project with my reading classes where they read a historical fiction novel and then used the Big 6 research process (a great way to create plagerism proof assignments) to have them research the historical time period and then create a web page to share that information. Well...last year we created our web pages in word and then saved them as a web page and we found that when we did that the different elements of the web pages were moved around and some of the information was missing. So to avoid such troubles this year we created our webpages in publisher. The students loved the assignment and had a great time creating their web pages...however we have been unable to save them as web pages to be viewed on the internet through my school web page. I don't have the kmowledge to do this on my own so I have been working with our technology guru and we're still struggling...ugh! I enjoy trying new things with my students and they love the projects but I sometimes feel like it's more trouble than it's worth...and yet I will be collaborating with Jeanne to work on creating cartoons for our graphic novels. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good luck! With the web pages and with the comics!